Quick, self-service borrowing is available to authorized users at any of the participating libraries. The system allows you to borrow most items that already circulate at participating libraries. When you find what you want, just choose the “Request Item” option and follow the instructions on the screen. Your request will be processed within a few days and the item will be delivered to your local library. The general policies which apply to materials delivered through Prospector include:
- 21 day loan period (DVDs, CDs, and videotapes usually have a more limited loan period of one week with no renewal)
- 1 renewal
- Up to 40 requests/check-outs per person, depending on local policy
- Lost item fees are assigned by your local library. Check with them for Prospector materials.
- Overdue fines will be the same as at your local library (the library whose card you used to check-out the item)
- If all copies of materials are checked-out a hold may be placed although books may not be recalled