Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Quick, self-service borrowing is available to authorized users at any of the participating libraries. The system allows you to borrow most items that already circulate at participating libraries. When you find what you want, just choose the “Request It” option and follow the instructions on the screen. Your request will be processed within a few days and the item will be delivered to your local library. The general policies which apply to materials delivered through Prospector include:
- Six-week loan period (DVDs, CDs, and videotapes usually have a more limited loan period of two weeks or less)
- No renewals are permitted
- Up to 40 requests/check-outs per person, depending on local policy
- Lost item fees are assigned by your local library for missing or damaged items. Check with your affiliate library's circulation desk for such details related to local Prospector policies.
- Overdue fines will also be assigned by your local library, but typically accumulate at $.50 or $1.00 per day.
- If all copies of materials desired through Prospector are checked out by library patrons, a hold may be placed on the item for you, but books will not be subject to recall to fulfill Prospector requests.