Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The University of Denver Libraries is committed to the values of diversity and inclusion and offer several services and resources to support faculty integrating Inclusive Excellence into the curriculum.
Subject librarians at the University of Denver Libraries have expertise in disciplinary research practices and are responsible for providing campus academic departments with research and instruction support. This includes:
Meeting with faculty to identify search strategies for finding relevant material for their courses, including databases that index more diverse sources and perspectives.
Creating research guides that will help students find diverse sources for their assignments that include books, relevant databases, and pertinent websites.
Developing video tutorials that will help students through the research process.
Delivering library instruction on the available sources students can use for their projects, including helping them find both peer-reviewed and non-peer-reviewed sources. Students can also come to the Research Center for one-on-one consultations with a research librarian.
This guide provides some resources that individuals can use for diversity research. It can also be used to find readings if you are a faculty member trying to diversify your course syllabi.
Subject Librarians and Liaisons
Each subject librarian specializes in certain disciplines and is available for consultations if faculty wish to diversify their syllabus. Please feel free to set up an appointment with them for assistance.
- Jenny Bowers - 303-871-3403 - Responsible for: Anthropology; Asian Studies; Gender and Women's Studies; Human Communication Studies; Mass Communications / Journalism; Professional Psychology; Psychology; Social Work; Sociology & Criminology
- Ellwood Colahan - 303-871-6427 - Responsible for: Music; Theatre
- Chris Brown - 303-871-3404 - Responsible for: International Studies; Law; Political Science; Public Policy
- Meg Eastwood - 303-871-4499 - Responsible for: Biological Sciences; Chemistry and Biochemistry; Computer Science; Electrical and Computer Engineering; Engineering; Geography; Mathematics; Physics & Astronomy
- Bridget Farrell - 303-871-3445 - Responsible for: Education; Library & Information Sciences; Writing Program
- Carrie Forbes - 303-871-3407 - Responsible for: Colorado Women's College
- Esther Gil - 303-871-3412 - Responsible for: Accountancy; Business Ethics and Legal Studies; Business Information and Analytics; Economics; Finance; Hospitality Management; Management; Marketing; Real Estate & Construction Management
- Peggy Keeran - 303-871-3410 - Responsible for: Art & Art History; Emergent Digital Practice; English; History;Judaic Studies; Languages & Literatures; Philosophy; Religious Studies;
- Elia Trucks - 303-871-3480 - Responsible for: University College