University of Denver School of Architecture and Planning Records
The University of Denver, Denver, Colorado supported its School of Architecture and Planning from 1946-1952. A combined venture of the College of Arts and Science, the College of Business Administration and the College of Engineering, the School offered a 5-year bachelor degree with minors in Architecture, Physical Planning, Architectural Construction and Interior Design. (cont.)
Professor Carl Feiss was the first director. By 1952, the School had not applied for accreditation and had competition from the newly opened School of Architecture at the University of Colorado. The University of Denver school closed at the end of the academic year in 1952, having graduated less than 100 students. The records contain brochures, bulletins, correspondence, reports, course descriptions, lists of applicants and degree candidates, meeting minutes and memos from the Architectural Advisory Committee, and material on the formation and closing of the School from 1946 to 1952.