Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Downloading Data and Statistics from ICPSR
- Review Responsible Use Statement.
- Log into ICPSR while on campus. New users will need to create an account using their DU email.
- Search the Website and data holdings.
- A search will list the results. The results provide the option of viewing the description, download, online analysis, related literature, etc. Not all results will provide all types of viewing. To download data:
- click on download
- adjust steps 1 and 2 as needed
- step 3 click on add to cart
- step 4 Click review datacart (optional).
- step 5 click download to datacart, then select to open or save to disk.
If there are problems with downloading:
- To be able perform secondary analysis from data retrieved from ICPSR, faculty and students will need to have SPSS, SAS or Stata set up files on their computers. PC computers in the Anderson Academic Commons near the UTS help desk have SPSS installed. These computers are open to the DU community.
- Because DU is a member of ICPSR Direct, faculty, staff and students have access to large numbers of the datasets; however, some sets are restricted. Users wanting access to restricted datasets will need to contact ICPSR to request permission for access.