The Library Catalog includes records for print and electronic books, theses, media, musical scores, and more owned by the DU Libraries.
Try the Advanced Catalog Search to find materials by type, location, publication year, language, and more.
To retrieve a book you found in the DU Library Catalog, note the:
1. Status: See a green dot & the word "Available"? The book should be on the shelf, ready for you to check out.
2. Location: The most common locations you'll see are:
3. Call number: This is the item's address on the shelf -- bring the entire call number with you to the library. Look on the ends of each shelf for signs indicating what span of call numbers are on that shelf.
The books in the Anderson Academic Commons are arranged by subject, so you can walk through the bookshelves in a particular subject area to see all the print books we have on that topic. Books purchased within the last six month are on the Main Level of AAC, and our main on-campus collection of books is on the Lower Level:
|Subject areas of potential interest:
G -- Geography
Q -- Science
R -- Medicine
S -- Agriculture
Prospector gives you access to over 30 million books, journals, DVDs, CDs, videos and other materials held in participating libraries in Colorado and Wyoming. With a single search you can identify and borrow materials from the collections and have them delivered to your local library.
1. Search for a book of interest in the Prospector catalog -- you can also find the link to Prospector on the library homepage.
2. Click the "Request It" button on the right-hand side of the info about the book.
|3. Choose "Alliance - U of Denver" from the list of institutions that appears.|
4. Enter your name, your DU ID number (87.....), and choose your preferred pickup location.
Potential pickup locations:
Prospector is the fastest way to borrow books from other libraries, but if you don't find the book you need there, we can borrow books through Interlibrary loan. Search WorldCat to find materials owned by participating libraries around the world.
See the "Request sources not at DU" tab to learn how to register for a free account and start requesting items.