What is Compass?
Compass is a search tool that provides a broad search of the University Libraries' collection. By using search techniques and filters, you can narrow your search to quickly find the resources you're looking for.
How do I start my search?
Depending on what you're looking for, there are four search options within Compass to chose from:
- Search All: This default search includes all catalog items, journal articles, and e-books to provide a broad search of the items in our physical and digital collections.
- Catalog: Use this tab to search titles of physical and electronic resources (books, DVDs, and more). (Tip: This catalog search does not search within databases or journals, so use the Articles + tab instead).
- Articles +: Search electronic content within our electronic database and journal subscriptions (journals, articles, and other electronic resources).
- Course Reserves: Search physical items that have been set aside for a specific class.
When should I use Compass?
- You are starting your research
- You need to easily filter down search results
- You want to save articles or searches to your account
- You are looking for something in the library catalog